Saturday, January 8, 2011

4:00am Dreams

Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions.  -Edgar Cayce

Then afterward I will pour out my spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams and your young men shall see visions.  Joel 2:28

I am awakened by a dream I have had many times before.  In the dream, I am at the downtown public library and the library is filled with men.  The men represent all ethnicities, all ages.  Their common bond is that none of them have jobs.  They have no meaningful work.  No place to be.  On their faces are looks of despair and worthlessness.

I begin to fly above them and the roof of the library disappears.  There is a beautiful, dark, evening sky sprinkled with starlight.  I fly high in the air and then swoop down where they are, magic wand in hand, tapping them on the head, one by one.  I touch one and he becomes a doctor.  Another tap and the man next to him is a teacher standing in front of children in his classroom.  Next man tapped,  a firefighter.  Another a construction worker.  Still another transforms into a weatherman on a popular, national morning news program. 

I fly to another section of the library and the first man I tap becomes the librarian.  A chef…a preacher leading bible study…a painter on a ladder…It is always a very long dream.  I never run out of sky or magic or work that brings them dignity and worth.

This is my dream this hour.  This is their dream every hour of every day.

O God, all of the magic and power belongs to you.  Be ever- present in the lives of those who lack substance and real meaning to their days and their nights.  May your holy spirit and their efforts bring about change in their lives.  May they claim their worth through you and in you.

This Hour’s Ponderings
1.  What are your dreams for humanity?
2.  Are there things you may do to make your dreams come true?
3.  How has God spoken to you as you sleep?
4.  How is God speaking to you this hour of this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment